Monday 24 September 2007

I'm old(er)!

Ok, well obviously there are reasons why 1) I'm not a sports journalist and 2) why I don't bet on sports. USA killed England 3-0--go USA! ;)

On to more exciting news! We had a great weekend this past one. It was my birthday on Friday the 21st and it was a great one! My team and I left work around 1pm and went to lunch w/ MSN at The Bleeding Heart (a great French restaurant)--needless to say, I did not go back to work and went straight home from there. Then, Conrad gave me an awesome Chelsea zip-up (to wear to a game we're going to on the 10th) and we went to see Spamalot in the West end (it was hilarious!). On Saturday we made our way to Islington, which is a part of London a bit north of where we're staying, to have dinner with some friends (we made through our friend Mark in Seattle) and on Sunday we went to the Chelsea/Kensington area to have lunch with my friend Cat from school. Conrad and I were happy to see both the Giants and Seahawks win yesterday, and he's off hunting for flats today and I'm on a conference call at work as I type this. :)

Check out some of the pix we posted--they're all pretty self explanatory. We're currently staying in corporate housing in Holborn, which is right between Covent Garden and Bloomsbury, so we're really in the thick of things and love it. Last weekend we walked for miles and miles along the river, so hence getting to see many other sites already.

We need to find a flat by this weekend, but more posts will follow shortly after that. Hope everyone is well!

4 comments:

Tony and Karyn said...

Happy Belated B-Day, Jenn! Looks and sounds like you two are having a blast while adjusting to your new surroundings. What an awesome place to live. Glad to hear all is well and good luck on finding a flat, however I do hope it has some shape too it.

Aunt Siri said...

Happy Birthday...Good luck finding an apartment...Sounds like your both adjusting well...I'm a Grandma,Aden was born 9/15 6lbs 15 ozs.Everyone comming to my house for a Pig Roast and meet him.. I love the bloggs. Keep them comming

Kathy Ledwick said...

Jenn,
I just want you to know I did send you a birthday card but it came back to me with a sticker on it reading 49 cents was needed. I didn't know that a different stamp was needed? And the other cards I sent you guys got there okay? Will resend but will wait till I get your new address. Ciao! Bella

Hold Me Closer Tiny Hatter said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! It was great to hear from you... the blog is a great idea to keep everyone updated, I'll become a regular! Good luck on finding a "flat" ( I love British terms so much better)